Pages

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

You Better Shape Up...'cause I need a man...

And My Heart Is Set On You...

I LOVE the movie Grease...my husband would truly hate me if I had the soundtrack because how can you not sing along at the top of your lungs!!!! 

The theme this week at Heart 2 Heart Challenges is "You Better Shape Up"
As soon as I read those words I started singing...be honest...you did too didn't you?!
You are supposed to create a "shaped" card and I knew right away what I wanted to do...
continue singing :)


I used the Cricut Craft Room to weld the heart and the U together and then I copied and pasted it, lined them up together and used the flip key, then made sure that all of it was welded...


I wanted to stick with the whole "Grease" theme and I remember that Sandy was in leather when she was singing this song...black leather wouldn't have worked with the heart so I tried to make the red heart look like leather. I embossed the heart with the Cuttlebug (I cannot remember the name of the folder but it's a bunch of little random sized squares.) After that I inked the paper with Cranberry Ink then covered it with Liquid Glass. I just put spots of the Liquid Glass all over the heart and then rubbed it in with my finger...messy...yes...but so worth it!!! If you haven't used this product I highly recommend you try it...it dries super fast and it's not sticky at all!!!

 
Most everything I used is Close To My Heart...although I did use some Stickles glitter glue (another favorite of mine!)

Thanks for looking and if it's been a while...go watch Grease and sing along...really it's kind of therapeutic...just like crafting :)

Be sure to go over to Heart 2 Heart to check out all the other cool shapes!

7 comments :

  1. So cute! I haven't seen Grease in so long, but I think I squealed when I realized it was on Netflix! : ) LOVE that movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rema -

    Awesome! I love how you used craft room to create the shaped base! Go grease lightening!

    Thanks for sharing your art with us at Heart2Heart Challenges this week!

    Paige - DT
    www.Stampologist.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! I love the welded hearts to create the card base itself! So creative and perfectly executed too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is fabulous! I love all the details. The musical staff stamping is a great accent too. Thanks for shaping up with us @ H2H Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SUPER adorable and creative! Now I am singing Greased Lightning! LOVE it, this one is top notch in the creative department, Rema! Thanks for playing along with us over at H2H! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So out of the box and wrapped up in gorgeousness! Love your card! Now I' m singing it too! Thanks for joining us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous! So clever and unique! I love it! Thanks for playing along with H2H!

    ReplyDelete