Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Open House project and other recent crafts.

I had my Open House for the new Spring/Summer Idea Book last weekend. I had a pretty good turn out and really enjoyed the chance to meet and interact with some new ladies! It was from 1-5pm where everyone could just come and go as they pleased...it was so much fun for me because most of the ladies got there at about 1:30 and stayed unit about 5:30pm...that's how much fun we were having creating and talking about the new and amazing products! One of the ladies described our new papers as being "DELICIOUS"...isn't that a wonderful description!!! We did two create-n-take items, one was a thanks card and the other was a popcorn wrapper...these are so easy and they were fun to make.
I used the Cruisin paper, the February Stamp of the Month, button brads and Bakers Twine for this.

My other creation this week was a wedding card for my younger sister (the fun thing is...it works for the H2H Challenge this week and I didn't even try to do that!). She was originally going to get married in June and it was going to be a beach themed wedding...for some reason they decided to get married earlier (this Friday) but I decided that a beach theme card would be appropriate. It's a fairly simple card but I like it that way. I very rarely finish the insides of the card so it was a challenge for me to find the right saying/poem and then make it match the card. To make it work I just printed the poem on the patterned paper that I used on the front...love the effect!



Lastly I want to share with you a picture that I did as a sample for my Open House using the Florentine paper. This is a picture of my sister (the same one that is getting married) and her son...I absolutely love the picture and I really wanted to do it justice by using the right papers and embellishements!

 

No comments :

Post a Comment